Friday, September 27, 2013

Love me some Aubree time.



Aubree and I dropped Ayla off at school and headed out to run a couple of errands.  We had to grab a couple more things for Ayla's birthday party this weekend.  Since I only had Aubree with me, I let her walk in the store--something I pretty much never let her do.  It was like she had won the lottery.  She was so excited to walk around and look and pretty much touch every single thing she walked past.  After that, we headed over to Village Pointe to get a pair of Dean's dress pants hemmed.  She sat in her stroller for most of the time but at the end, we walked over to this giant water ball that she loves to play with.  At that point, I set her free. :)  She ran around and played, tossed pennies into the fountain, chased and jumped after a little cricket, and stopped to pick up every leaf she could find on the way back to the car.  Long story short, seeing the world through her eyes really made me stop and breathe.  I figured we'd hurry there and back but letting her take her time to play and explore was the best way for me to spend my morning.  I noticed things I'd otherwise walk past without a second thought.  Life is so crazy and busy all of the time...the simple little things that she loves and enjoys reminded me to just stop and ENJOY and SLOW DOWN.  

No comments: