Friday, July 6, 2012

Aubree's 15-month appointment

I took Aubree in for her 15-month check-up yesterday.  In the waiting room, I broke a sweat trying to wrangle her.  Goodness, she's nuts.  Once we were in the exam room and I could shut the door, I was able to breathe much easier.  She did REALLY well.  I'm very surprised at how she just sat on the exam table and let Dr. Davey do his thing.  She didn't once protest, wiggle, or try to get down.  So weird.  I know I always say this, but Dr. Davey is so great with the girls.  He took his time and just quietly talked to Aubree, gave her some tongue depressors to play with, and just waited until she was comfortable with him.  She didn't have any problems with him at all.

She is doing great all around--physically and developmentally.  Always a great thing to hear.  I just have to work on getting rid of her darn bottle in the next couple of months.  I know, I know.  I'm a sucker.  I've purchased and tried every sippy cup known to man and she'll drink water out of them like a champ, but when I put milk in it, the most she'll drink is an ounce.  So then of course I worry that she won't be getting enough milk intake for the day and I give in...which is strange for me.  I don't give in very often.  Anyways.  We'll work on it. :)

She weighed in at 22 lbs. 15 oz. (47th percentile)...she finally surpassed Ayla at this age (22 lbs. 8 oz.).  She was always just a few ounces lighter than Ayla at each appointment.  And she is 32 inches tall (86th percentile).  Ayla was 31 3/4 inches.  So not a huge difference...they've pretty much been on the same track.  And Aubree's head circumference is at the 77th percentile.  Dr. Davey said judging by her height now, she'll probably be 5'7" or 5'8" when she's done growing.  That's exactly what I thought both girls might be--an inch or two taller than me. It will be interesting to see how accurate he is.

She was supposed to get one shot, but Dr. Davey decided to push it out until her 18-month appointment.  Fine with me!

1 comment:

Meghan Gonzales said...

If that height estimate is true - POOR Heidi! She will be like 5'3" - ha!!! But so far she has ankles - so that's a little better :) We miss Dr. Davey so much! We can't wait to get the girls together for a playdate in September!!!