Thursday, March 29, 2012

Aubree's 12-month check-up

I took Aubree in for her 12-month check-up on Tuesday...aside from her cold/ear infection, which is getting better everyday, Dr. Davey said she looks great.  She was busy getting into every possible thing in that exam room. :)  She doesn't seem to be afraid of the nurse or doctor like Ayla was.  She walked right up to both of them, patted them on the leg, and started "talking."  It wasn't until the four shots in her little legs did she get upset.  And I don't blame her.  Poor thing.

Her measurements are still pretty close to what Ayla's were...20 lbs.4 oz (33%)...Ayla was five ounces heavier.  If it weren't for her cold and loss of appetite, I'm sure she would have been over that.  She measured 30 inches (75%)...Ayla was 3/4 of an inch shorter.  And her head was at the 68th percentile.

She seems to be back to normal now...still working on getting rid of that runny nose and a little bit of congestion.  She's eating again and is HAPPY.  (Not counting this morning...she woke up an hour early freeeeaking out.  After she finally calmed down, she drank most of her bottle and went back to bed after crying for several minutes.  I'm hoping she just needed a little more sleep and will wake up in a good mood.)

Unfortunately, she has passed her cold on to Ayla and me.  There's no way we could have avoided it...snot, drool, and puke everywhere.  Ayla always seems to power through her colds.  She doesn't skip a beat.  I wish I was like that.  I'm exhausted times a gazillion and feel like poo.  Not that I ever want to be sick, but it was a lot easier to be sick when we didn't have kids...I'd sleep for two days straight and be back on my feet.  Now?  No chance.




No comments: