Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Aubree's 1st birthday party!

Are you ready for a TON of pictures?  I went a little nuts.  Believe it or not, I didn't even post all of them. 

We had Aubree's first birthday party this past Sunday...it couldn't have gone any better!  She took a good nap right beforehand and woke up a HAPPY baby.  She was walking all over the house, blankie in hand, chuckling at random things. :)  She even noticed the decorations we put up and pointed them out.  I didn't think she would even realize they were there.  She was in such a good mood the whole time and seemed to love all the friends and family who were here to celebrate with her.  Just the fact that she was happy was enough for me...everything else could have gone wrong and it wouldn't have mattered.  We had lunch first (THANK YOU Barb for the yuuuuummy sandwiches!) and then we opened presents.  Aubree actually hung around me for most of them and seemed interested in what we were opening.  After presents, we did cake. :)  She was a little iffy about it at first but slowly started picking at it.  Eventually, it was all over her hands, face, and hair...exactly what I wanted. :)  

Thanks so much to everyone who made it...Mom and Dad (in Taiwan), we missed you!  I think I posted enough pictures to make you feel like you didn't miss a thing. :)

It was a great time...great weather, great company, great BABY.  Love her so much.  Tomorrow (the 22nd) is her actual birthday.  I can hardly believe it...it brings tears to my eyes as I think about it.  One year ago at this time, we were at the hospital walking laps as I breathed through contractions.  How has an entire year gone by already??






Happy birthday girl!


Ehh...I wasn't thrilled with how the cake ended up looking...the picture makes it look even worse!

Daddy and Ayla went and got balloons for the birthday girl.


She was clapping for them. :)






She loves sunglasses!  Whenever I put some on her, she walks away grinning. 









Grandma and Grandpa made this...her name spelled out with things around their house.  I LOVE it.  It's beautiful!

Smash cake!























She caught a cold and has had a terribly runny nose and slight cough the past couple of days.  I'm praying that she wakes up feeling better tomorrow.  I'll be so bummed if she feels crummy on her birthday. :(

2 comments:

1st birthday photo invitations said...

Your celebration is really amazing!

Leah said...

Looks like she had a fun 1st birthday....I love all the pictures...she is adorable!!! I can't believe it's been a year either...time flies! Miss you guys!