Monday, March 26, 2012

Sick Birthday Girl

Long story short: Went to see the doctor on Thursday (her birthday), ear infection, miserable baby, lots of puke, a three year old bored to tears, Dean out of town for work, my parents in Taiwan, MOMMY MELTDOWN.

Enter the best in-laws in the world.

Dean's parents were here Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights to keep me company and help with the girls--dinner, bedtime, everything.  I seriously have no idea what I would have done without them.  No, really.  No CLUE what I would have done.  Sure I have my bad days here and there (who doesn't?), but I usually bounce back...this time though, I was on the verge of a breakdown.  So THANK YOU, Lee and Barb...thank you so so so much...not just for the past few days, but thank you for always being there for us no matter what.  We are so lucky to have two sets of parents who are forever willing to lend a helping hand.

And the best news?  Miss Aubree is feeling better!  They prescribed an antibiotic for her ear infection and it seemed to kick in after just a few doses.  She is mostly back to her happy self...still a little bit of a stuffy nose and some coughing, which is why she has thrown up so much lately.  I think the phlegm catches in her throat and makes her gag.  I'm so done with cleaning up puke.  Her appetite is coming back slowly but surely.  I feel like she has lost a little bit of the chunkiness in her legs and cheeks since she hasn't been eating nearly as much.  :(  I don't blame her though...I don't ever feel like eating a whole lot when I'm sick.  I'm just really glad she's feeling better.  I felt so terrible for her...she just wasn't herself!  

I couldn't NOT take pictures of her on her actual birthday...snot, drool, droopy eyes, and all.  I still want to get her out for some 1-year photos...maybe this weekend.


















No comments: