Sunday, October 2, 2011

Princess Party!

We celebrated Ayla's 3rd birthday today, princess-style. :) She spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's last night so we could get everything ready this morning without her seeing. G & G took her to feed the ducks before coming home. What a fun way to start the day! I couldn't wait for her to get home. When she got here, I picked her up and walked her around so she could see all the decorations and her cake. She seemed pretty thrilled about it all. :) She had an all around great day...I really think she had a blast during her party and had even more fun going through her presents for a second time afterwards. Seeing her so happy makes me happy. Success!

For some reason, it really hit me that she was turning 3 when I dug out three little pink candles to put on her cake. I can't believe how fast these three years went.
I mentally prepared myself for the fact that Ayla would probably only eat Cheetos, cake and ice cream for lunch so when she happily munched away on everything I put on her plate, I was more than pleasantly surprised so I couldn't help but take a million pictures. She didn't FINISH everything, but she was eating so I was happy. :)
My little niece Makayla with her awesome little piggy-tails!After she opened all of her presents, we brought her downstairs so she could see her present from us. We got her one of those little playhouses. The look on her face was so awesome. When she's happy or excited about something, she makes this specific look. Her whole face lit up when she saw it and she couldn't wipe "the look" off her face as she stepped into it. Love it. It was so fun to see all the kids pile into this thing. It's pretty roomy!


Cake time! She knew the drill...as soon as we were done singing, she blew out all three candles!


Uncle Ping being a really good sport. :) Perfect blackmail picture, if you ask me. :)

No comments: