Monday, October 3, 2011

Birthday day--Mommy & Me time!

I took today off so I could spend it with Ayla. I thought about taking her to the zoo, but decided we needed to do something completely new and different for her. We packed up and went to Yeh-Yeh and Nai-Nai's house, had breakfast, and left Aubree there (thanks Mom!) and had a few hours of just Mommy and Ayla time.

First, we went and got her her very first professional manicure. :) When I asked her if she wanted to get her nails painted, she nodded eagerly and instantly got that happy/excited look on her face. I can't get enough of it. She picked a metallic purple and I plopped her onto the booster seat so she could get started. She kept looking over at me with a smile on her face. I think she felt really special. :) She did sooo well and held very still the whole time and quietly chatted with the girl who was painting her nails. (We went to The Hair Place in LaVista and all the girls there were soooo sweet to Ayla and made her feel like a princess.)






After her nails were done and dry (enough), the girls gave her a sucker and this cute hot pink purse with four little sample bottles of pink OPI nail polish. It was so nice of them to do that. She was in heaven. She thanked them and happily trotted out of the salon with her new purse swinging from her little arm.




Next up on the list--a hot pink feather in her hair. We went to four different salons before we were successful. A couple didn't have any, another didn't have any pink ones left and the final one had hot pink but they were the big ones, not the little thin ones I was hoping for. I was out of salons to try, so we just went with it and she loves it. :)


We went back to Yeh-Yeh and Nai-Nai's for a quick lunch before heading back out to a park to play and take her 3-year pictures (I'll be posting those once I get them organized and edited). We ran around, played under the trees, collected leaves, threw sticks into the pond, went on the swings, and played in the sand before once again, heading back. We relaxed for a bit and then went to our favorite store (SuperTarget) to get some stuff for dinner. I stopped at the Starbucks in the store before leaving and the nice lady gave her a free cookie.




We played for a while longer at Yeh-Yeh and Nai-Nai's before finally heading home. I must have worn her out because she passed out in the car on the way home. It's probably been more than a couple of months since she's done that. I stirred when I got her out of the car and carried her inside but fell right back asleep when I laid her on the couch. I think our day was deemed a success! :) I had so much fun with her today!

1 comment:

Kathy Stamm said...

So fun to see all the fun birthday pictures of Princess Ayla. I want you to plan MY next birthday! Please give her a hug and kiss from Aunt Kathy.