Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ayla's 3-year check-up

Are you sick of me yet? I've gone a lil nuts with the blog the last couple of days.

I took Ayla in for her 3-year appointment this afternoon.  She did great...we've come a long ways since the days of her crying and puking on poor Dr.Davey!  She was pretty quiet but I'll take that over the barfing.  The only thing she didn't want to do was lay down on the exam table.  When Dr.Davey asked her if she would do it, she flat out ignored him (and me) and eliminated all eye contact...pretending that she didn't even hear us. :) So funny.  She ended up laying across my lap and it worked just fine.  Dr.Davey is so good at what he does...he is great with both Ayla and Aubree.  We are lucky to have found such an awesome pediatrician.

He said Ayla looks great...we just need to continue working on her being a better eater but to not let it be a power struggle.  Easier said than done but I will work on it.  Sigh.

Her stats--she weighs 28.8 pounds (29th percentile) and is 37 1/4 inches (47th percentile).  However, because I am the uber anal person that I am when it comes to numbers, when I measured her for fun while we were waiting for the nurse to come back in, she was a good inch taller.  Her giant pink hairbow was in the way (totally my fault) when she was first measured so the nurse turned her to her side and ended up not getting the top of her head.  Obviously not a big deal but like I said, I'm anal.  Can't help it.

Anyways.

She is healthy and she is growing so that's all that matters.  She got the flu mist in her nose and happily picked out a sucker and a sticker before we left.

Because she did such a great job, we stopped for some ice cream on the way home. :)






No comments: