Sunday, October 9, 2011

Great weekend

This Saturday morning, we had our family pictures taken by my amazingly talented friend, Erika [http://elizabethrosephoto.blogspot.com/2011/10/peterson-family.html]. Once again, I am in love with the images I have seen so far. I am so excited to see the rest (no hurry though, Erika!) I love family pictures because I know we don't have enough of them. 99% of the time, I'm behind the camera when any photo is being taken in our house so I cherish the ones where I'm in them with my awesome little family. :) I think Erika totally gets that...one of the many ways in which we are so similar. Love you, lady.

Here is a sneak peek:




This next one is so awesome...Erika busted out laughing as soon as she took it. It's about right--Ayla happily doing her own thing without a care in the world. So funny. :)
We went out for brunch after our pictures. One lady commented on how we must have come from family photos. What, don't all normal families color-coordinate their outfits when they go out to eat? :) In the evening, we watched the Nebraska-Ohio State game. O.M.G. I thought I was going to pass out. It was pretty unbearable to watch for a while there, but we came through in the end and won. Good deal. :) This morning, it was just the girlies and me. Dean got up at 5 a.m. to go hunting. Crazy, if you ask me. I'm not sure there's anything that would make me voluntarily get out of bed at that hour. Well, maybe some free shoes and purses. I'm not going to lie, it was a rough morning for me. Aubree slept like poo last night so I was already tired and for some reason, she had a really tough time going down for her naps today...that's a whole other topic to be discussed at another time.

Anyways.

After Dean got home and we did some stuff around the house, I was able to get out on my own for about an hour. Amazing what that one measly little hour can do for my mood. I went to my favorite kids' consignment shop and topped off the girls' fall/winter wardrobes. I'm in the process of organizing their closets--putting old items away and hanging up/folding new ones. I seem to be in a hole with Aubree's things though. Just when I think I have it under control, another huge load of laundry needs to be folded and put away. Sigh. By spring, I should be completely organized. Ha.

Tonight, Dean's family came over for dinner. Both Ayla and Aubree were in bed by 7:45. Awwwwesome. :) I can always appreciate an uninterrupted meal that's actually hot these days. Great food, great company...great weekend.


I LOVE this one...sooo happy!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Oh I get it! Love you too:)