Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rice Cereal!!!

Aubree had rice cereal for the first time tonight! Dr. Davey gave us the ok at her appointment on Monday but I wanted to wait until tonight so Dean and Ayla could see her eat (they're home, by the way, and it's sooo great to have them back!)

I was excited to feed her but just a teensy bit afraid that she would hate it. I told myself it wouldn't be a big deal if she didn't eat much because it's only the first day.

Well.

She ate the whole freaking thing in probably ten minutes. She didn't just wind up with it all over herself, she actually ate it. She was moving her mouth like she was chewing and eventually started opening her mouth for it. She even got antsy between bites. I. Can't. Believe. It. And after that, she downed a few ounces of formula. I was so overjoyed that I could have cried. Seriously. This is coming from a mom with an extremely picky eater as a first child so this is quite possibly the best thing ever. You have no idea how thrilled I will be if she is a good eater. I realize it's only the first day and it could very easily be beginner's luck but right now I'm giddy.



Before her first bite.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Yay Aubree!!! Anne, I love your face in these, priceless:)

Surinam Wang :) said...

I have to agree with Erika lol ur face is awesome! Good job aubree....gonna be a chunk in no time :)