Friday, July 22, 2011

Aubree: 4-months

Our darling Aubree is 4-months old today! I love her more and more everyday. One of the best parts of the day is when I go get her from her crib after she wakes up in the morning. Before she even sees my face, she starts smiling at just the sound of my voice. I love how she scrunches up her little face and throws both arms up to s-t-r-e-t-c-h after I unswaddle her. She is such a sweet baby.

For over a week now, she has been sleeping very well. She falls asleep between 8:30 and 9:00 (usually) and sometimes will wake around 10:30 for a little snack, if not, we wake her and feed her and she goes right back down. A lot of the times, she stays asleep as she eats. Once she's down again, she has been sleeping without a peep until 7:30 or so the next morning. Previously, we had to go in and put her pacifier back in her mouth a few times a night but somehow she has figured out how to settle herself without it. So nice. I'm sure I'm jinxing us since I'm talking about it and she'll start waking up in the middle of the night again. [Yep, jinxed myself. I wrote this last night. I had to go in and put her pacifier in around 3:45 a.m. and she was up at 6:30 this morning. I thought I was going to get to sleep in.]

The past couple of days, she has been trying REALLY hard to roll over. She's almost there! She gets so close and ends up getting upset. I've been trying to be better at making sure she gets some tummy time everyday. She doesn't hate it as much but I'll admit, I've been sooo bad at remembering to do it.

She has been learning how to play with little toys. She's able to grab them and shake them around and even get them into her mouth every now and then. She's pretty active in her playmat. She kicks and swats at the things hanging down.

She loves to be held...especially when she's tired. All she needs is a set of arms, her binky, and her blankie and she's a goner. Eventhough she likes to snuggle, she is often completely content just rocking away in her swing or laying on the ground. I'm happy to say she is still pretty chill, which helps when Ayla is bouncing off the walls. :) Chill until we're in the car, of course. To say she hates the car is an understatement. It's terrible. She usually starts out okay, but once she starts to cry, she doesn't mess around. It's the kind of crying where eventually no sound comes out and she's so mad, she's bright red and we wonder if she can even catch her breath. Once she catches her breath, she gags on all the spit and snot coming out of everywhere. So not cool. This is one of the reasons we decided not to brave the 8-hour drive to the cabin. I have no idea why she hates it soo much. Once we get home, she is totally fine.

We've gotten her to laugh more. It's contagious. I love it. I just wish there was something that always made her laugh. It usually happens when we aren't even trying. Something entirely random will make her giggle. She smiles all the time though which is just as awesome.

She eats 4 to 5 ounces of milk six times a day. I'm not sure if this is good or not (we'll find out at her appointment on Monday) but I do know that she is growing and so quickly, too. I'm excited to hear whether or not we can start feeding her cereal soon. I hope she loves it. Ayla hated it! Earlier this week, we went out to dinner and I look up to see Dean smearing a dab of white gravy on her mouth. She went to town on it! It was so cute to see her smacking her little lips. Is it bad that gravy was her first taste of real food? I pray that she will be a good eater. If I end up with two picky eaters, Lord help me.

She still loves to suck and chew on her fingers. She's already a very drool-y baby so this makes it even worse. She goes through bibs like nothing. What am I going to do when she starts teething?

I will post her 4-month stats after her appointment on Monday...I'm excited to see how much she has grown.

Pictures to come...I'm taking them today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Avery is my chill baby too...still. She is a picky eater though and will only eat baby oatmeal, bananas, and yogurt...sooooo frustrating! Aubree is a doll and I bet you are missing Ayla like crazy! I'll be in touch with you soon to see if you are able to take Lily's 3 year pics, Avery's 1 year pics and some family pics!

Anne said...

Missy, I'm starting to think that Aubree's so chill because I'm more chill the second time around! :)

Let me know about pis...I'd love to do it!