Monday, July 25, 2011

Aubree's 4-month check-up

This morning, I took Aubree in for her 4-month check-up. Everything is great...she's healthy, she's growing. That's all we ask for!

Here are her stats...all of her percentages went up from her 2-month appointment, which is great:


Waiting for Dr. Davey. (Without all the ruffly pink stuff, she looks like a boy! I think she looks like her cousin, Bennett.)

A little unsure, but she did just fine.
And then came the dreaded shots. I'm proud to say I didn't shed any tears this time. The nurse started with the vaccination that she drinks. She. Hated. It. Ayla used to guzzle it down like it was the best thing ever. Aubree? Not so much. She started screaming! And then she had to take some Tylenol since she developed a fever last time with her shots and that made her even more angry. I told her that wasn't even the bad part! She was still screaming when the shots went in...her eyes widened with the first one and that threw her into a higher level of screaming. I don't think she even noticed the second one. Poor baby. I picked her up as soon as she was done and she stopped crying pretty much right away, but first she had to look at the nurse and stick her little bottom lip out, as if to say, "why did you just do that to me?"

So far she hasn't had any reaction to her shots...complete 180 from last time. Hopefully tonight goes just as well.


Showing off her little band-aids at Yeh-Yeh and Nai-Nai's house...I hate taking those suckers off. :(

1 comment:

Meghan Gonzales said...

Baby Oil or even Vegetable Oil - let the bandaid soak (like use a cottonball) - then bathe her - and the should fall right off - I promise!!! I do it for Chris' bandaids too - hehe