Monday, May 3, 2010

Bum weekend

Yes, the weather was gorgeous...and yes, I had a whole weekend with my family.

But...

I was sick and most of this glorious weekend was spent snoozing on the couch. Looks like my allergies got out of control and became one of my dreaded sinus infections. I was out for the count on Saturday so Dean kept Ayla busy all day long so I could rest. I should have given him the camera. They went downtown to the first Farmers' Market of the season to grab several things for our new garden--two types of tomatoes, yellow peppers, red peppers, green beans, two kinds of jalapenos, and cilantro. We already have carrot seeds planted and we're going to look for onions and green onions this weekend. Sunday wasn't a whole lot better for me...poor Ayla was probably wondering why I was such a boring mommy all weekend. I'm starting to feel a little better though...I can almost taste my food again. :)

My parents' neighborhood had their annual garage sale this past weekend and they found this little play kitchen for Ayla. For ten bucks! What a deal! She really likes it...opening and closing all the doors and stashing things in them can keep her busy for quite a while. She says, "I cookin'!"

1 comment:

Kara said...

I need to find myself one of those kitchen play sets!! Have to search the whole house when I need a pan. Maybe if Jessica had her own she would play with that instead of the real stuff...