Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing moms out there! I hope you've all had a wonderful day! Dean got up with Ayla this morning so I got to snooze for an extra hour. Yay for me! When I woke up, the house was quiet--Dean had taken Ayla to the store so I was able to take a shower and get completely ready in peace. When I came out of our room, I had flowers and cards waiting for me. :)

Ayla coloring on some cards for Grandma and Nai-Nai...

...with upside-down sunglasses on, of course.
We went over to my parents' house to hang out with my mom for a little while...my brother was there with his kiddos too. For as long as I can remember, we've always gone downtown to the French Cafe for Mother's Day brunch, but this year, for whatever reason, we didn't do it. Kind of a bummer, but there's always next year. It's a fun tradition that I didn't realize I would miss so much.
Dean said we could do whatever I wanted today, so after Ayla's nap, I dragged him to the mall so I could use a gift card I've been hoarding for a couple years. I left empty-handed but he found some new swim trunks for St. John so we weren't completely unsuccessful. We were both in goofy moods (especially Dean) and had the giggles about every silly little thing so it was a fun time. :)

We went over to Dean's parents' house for dinner...Marla and Lee made an awesome dinner and
we had my Dairy Queen ice cream cake for dessert. I'm still so full I can't move.

Happy Mother's Day to my two amazing moms, Lu and Barb. These two women are hands down, the most selfless people I know. They take care of everyone else before even beginning to think about themselves. They would do anything and everything for their families, no questions asked. They are both wonderful mothers and even more wonderful grandmothers. I am so lucky. And I am so spoiled. I love you both...the world is a better place having the two of you in it. My world is a better place because you're both in it. :)

And to Ayla, my beautiful little baby girl--thank you for making me feel like the luckiest mom in the world because I get to be your mom. You give my life meaning and purpose. Until you came along, I had no idea how much I could love someone. Happy Mother's Day to me.

No comments: