Thursday, May 20, 2010

Potty chair

After reading a gazillion potty chair reviews online and asking Erika for advice, I settled on this simple, two-piece potty made by Baby Bjorn. It was hard to resist the "fun" ones that were colorful and played what would become very annoying music, but I really rely on these reviews from real-life moms. Judging by their opinions, this one is the one to get. I also had to resist getting the hot pink one...if we have a son someday, he doesn't need to be peeing in a pink potty.
I, more or less, wanted to get one because Ayla has been showing interest in it--she sees me sitting on the toilet, she watches Elmo go potty on T.V., and she often will tell me when she's going "poo-poo". I wasn't sure if I wanted to dive into this 100% since I think she may be a little young for it. I figured I'd just get one and let her give it a try...especially since I'll be home with her for the next few weeks.
I put her on it when we got home from Target. Nothing. Ten minutes later, I took her in again and after a minute or two, she peed! I was so excited...she looked at me all wide-eyed like I was completely nuts. Before Dean gave her a bath, he plopped her on it and she went again. It could just be luck that she has gone in it...but still exciting, nonetheless. :)

1 comment:

The Splonskowski's said...

Super exciting!!! We started at about this time with Ayla and I'm proud to say that at 23 months she was totally potty trained. We had good luck putting her on the potty when she woke up in the mornings and after naps also before bathtime. Funny, we also had the same potty but in all white. Good luck!