Thursday, January 7, 2010

Brrr...

When did we freaking move to Alaska?! It's ridiculously cold. And not only is it cold, we added another few inches of snow to our already enormous drifts yesterday. Tomorrow's high is a NEGATIVE TWO. I think once it gets into the negatives, there is no high. It's either low or really low.

And on another note...

Ayla slept all the way through the night on Tuesday. It was glorious. However, we paid big time for it last night. She was up from 1:00 a.m. to about 4:00 a.m. We'd get her back to sleep and she'd only stay down for about 2o minutes before waking up and starting all over again. During the last round, she was absolutely hysterical. I was at a complete loss as to what to do to make her calm down. Finally, I gave her a bottle and she relaxed and I was able to get her to fall back asleep after a (long) while. I stayed home from work today because the roads were really bad and I had planned on taking a nap while she napped, but that never works out. There's always too much to do. It's not even 10:00 p.m. yet and I'm struggling. I need to go to bed...soon.

Despite the bitter cold and bad roads, Ayla and I made it to Pamida for another photo shoot for her. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty nervous that she wouldn't cooperate. The child does not stay still. The last time we went, she wasn't mobile yet so she had no choice but to sit there. I'm happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised and very proud of how well she did today. I stood her where she needed to be and she actually stayed long enough for several shots before she would slowly starting inching my way. We had to put her back a few times, but overall, she did great. Afterwards, she was walking around saying hi to everyone...it didn't take long for her to become comfortable with her surroundings. :) It'll be fun to see which image they choose...

We are headed to Denver tomorrow...just a quick weekend trip...just the three of us, just for the heck of it. We hear it's supposed to be in the 40's there this weekend. Heat wave!

1 comment:

RAW said...

Negative two?!?

People in Virginia are complaining about the 26-degree weather. They don't even know the meaning of cold!

Glad you all are doing well. It was nice to see you while I was home. Travel safely as you go to Denver :)