Monday, February 2, 2009

4 Months!

(Since Dean and I will be leaving for Cancun early tomorrow morning, I'm writing her 4-month post a day early.)

Today is the end of my two weeks home with her...it might have been the quickest two weeks ever. I was soo looking forward to it and now it's the last day already. :( Right now she's napping and I almost wish she would wake up so I could spend more time with her!
Her little personality emerges more and more each day...it has been so fun to watch her grow and develop. The littlest things, like being able to grab a toy, are so exciting for us to see. The past few days, she has started to grab her legs...if her flexibility is anything like mine, she probably won't be able to grab her feet. (I've never been able to touch my toes without experiencing quite a bit of pain.) She's also finding her voice with a variety of squeals, giggles, coos, and shrieks! She is LOUD. She no longer has that cute little newborn cry...it has turned into full-out screaming and sobbing. She only does this when she is REALLY tired though, so if we get her to fall asleep before she gets to that point, it can be prevented. Poor Dean's blood pressure skyrockets when she cries like that. It's no fun to see or hear...she cries so hard it seems like she can't catch her breath and afterwards she does that shuddering thing as she's trying to calm down. Besides a few good crying sesssions like that here and there, she's still our happy little girl. :) We just can't get enough of her and we're going to miss her oh-so-much while we're in Cancun.
And just a side-note...in case you haven't noticed, we have lost all control of that crazy hair of hers! Sometimes I'll wet it down and brush it...and no kidding, I turn around for a second and [POOF!] it is standing up again. I wonder how much higher it can go...

Her 4-month appointment is on the Monday after we get back in town...I'll post again then!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ayla is so photogenic!! All our pics of Jessica aren't nearly as cute as her in real life. I hope you enjoyed your trip!

Anne said...

Thanks! Our trip was awesome! It's good to be back with Ayla though! :)

Jessica's pictures are cute!! I'm just a picture freak and take dozens at a time...

Anonymous said...

We left our camera in Sydney so we have very few pics since we got back to the states. We have another one now so we will have many many more to come.