Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cancun!

I'm a little behind on posting about Cancun...I may have a few more pictures to post later on. We had a really great time! It really doesn't even feel like we were ever there...it went by so fast! On the Monday before we left, I cried off and on all day while I was home with Ayla. Everytime I thought about it, tears came. :( We brought her over to Dean's parents' house early in the evening so we could get her settled in and put her to bed before we left. I was doing just fine until I was holding her before I put her in the pack 'n' play and once I put her down, I lost it. I was fine after a few minutes, but before we decided to head home, I went in to give her another kiss and lost it again. I should've just stayed out of the room.

Obviously, we all survived...we had a nice trip and Ayla did really well with both sets of grandparents. We were able to call them and check in a few times while we were away, so that was nice. Just like I thought, I missed her a lot but had plenty of pictures and a few videos on my camera that I could look at whenever I wanted. :)

Once we got to Cancun and that first beer was handed to me, all was well...here we are in the van on the way to our hotel.
We spent a lot of time on the beach...it wasn't really too warm the whole time we were there, but definitely nice enough! One of my favorite parts of the week was eating shrimp cocktail while sitting on the beach...can't beat that. This is a group shot of the Omaha Aerotek crew before heading out for dinner...we had several WONDERFUL meals while we were there...great food, great drinks, great company. I don't know...we're weird. Just goofing around before heading out for some drinks after dinner.
At Senor Frogs...
We went parasailing one day!! We've always wanted to do it, so we decided to go for it. I thought we would be in a harness with our legs dangling...instead, we were sitting in a sling-type seat with NO harnesses or buckles. It was scary...I white-knuckled the entire ride. I'm a bigger chicken than I thought. I felt like we were going to tip over and dump right into the ocean.
We were waaaaay up there...look how tiny the boat is!
View of Cancun from up above:
This is right before we zip-lined through the "jungle"...it was awesome! Definitely not as frightening as the parasailing.
We did 11 zip-lines and took a mile bike ride that led to this lagoon. (I thought for sure that I was going to run into at least six trees while we were on the trail...I don't remember the last time I rode a bike and I'm not exactly what you would call coordinated, so it was a rough ride for me.)
That's Dean on the line before dropping into the water:
We really had a great time and so, so, so appreciate our parents taking such good care of Ayla while we were gone (Kody, too!) It was fun to get away for a few days and just RELAX...I'm already looking forward to next year! :)

1 comment:

Erika said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. Congrats, you lived through your first trip away from Ayla! :)

Erika