Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HOORAY for prunes!

That's one thing I never thought I'd say. :) Poor little Ayla was having some major [ahem] pooping issues this past week. I think the rice cereal was doing a number on her. I tried just about every suggestion the nurse had to offer--apple juice, pear juice, rubbing her tummy, suppositories, and the winner--PRUNES mixed into her cereal. We had to use suppositories twice, which helped but I think the prunes are what's helping her now. It was so hard to see her cry, strain, and turn beet red while she was trying to go. I felt like she kept looking at me like, "Why does this hurt so much?! Help me!"

I've never been so thrilled to change poopy diapers...I'm pretty sure I feel as relieved as she does right now. :)

Hopefully we can keep her regular as her body adjusts to all these new foods. Next up? Peas. I figured I'd start with the gross stuff first and work our way up to fruits. She's still having trouble keeping the food in her mouth...maybe I'M the problem and need to figure out a better way to feed her. She did really well last night, but tonight her bib ate most of it. She twists and turns so much and is always wanting to look around so it makes it a little difficult at times. When she does get a good bite, it's so cute to watch her "chew" and smack her lips.

I know I always say this, but it's so fun to watch her grow, learn, and try new things...she makes me notice things to which I normally wouldn't give a second glance. She's the most amazing, fascinating little person and I love her. Every night when I kiss her goodnight, I can't wait to see her again in the morning.

3 comments:

The Splonskowski's said...

I love your updates....they make me miss when my Ayla was a baby. She's so fun now but defintely NOT baby.
I'm glad the prunes are working well for you. Rice can be really rough.
Are you making Ayla's peas or buying the premade? If you're interested, I made all of Ayla's babyfood and it's super easy. I could give you some pointers.

Anne said...

I can't even find time to pee these days...if I ever figure out how to manage my time a bit more efficiently, we'll talk. :) Until then, Gerber will be making Ayla's meals. :)

The Splonskowski's said...

Hahaha!! I know just what you mean!