Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Vacation Bible School

Ayla started Vacation Bible School yesterday!  We registered over a month ago and finally it was time for her to go.  She has been so excited for it and has constantly been asking if it was "time to go to school yet."  We've talked about it a lot...about how I was going to bring her there and leave and Daddy/Grandpa/I would be there to pick her up later.  She seemed totally fine about it but you know how kids are...everything is just dandy until the time comes to actually do it.  I was nervous because this is her first organized activity and her first time away from anyone in the family.

After we got her checked in, we went in and found where she needed to be (she's a Pre-K Panda this week). :)  I took a picture of her and asked for a hug and kiss and told her that I was going to go.  I paused.  Waiting.  "Ok, Mommy, bye" and walked to her seat and sat down.  No issues at all.  I called out another "Bye Ayla!" as I was walking away and she waved back with a smile.  As I kept walking away, I looked back a few times to see if she was looking for me.  Nope. :)  What a big girl.  I called Dean and started to get choked up as I told him about it.  Geez.  I'm going to be one of those moms.
En route


Quick picture before I left

Dean brought her in for lunch afterwards...a Daddy-Daughter date!
I think she's really enjoying it so far.  Yesterday, she didn't say a whole lot about it...I think it needed to sink in a bit.  Pretty much the only thing she told me was that she hurt her arm because someone knocked her down while they were playing outside. :)  This morning, on the way there, I popped in the cd that was sent home with her yesterday and was surprised to hear her singing to one of the songs already.  It was so cute.  Today, she talked about it more and while she was playing after dinner, she incorporated some things she has learned.  I love it.  I'm so happy she likes it and that she's learning.

1 comment:

Erika said...

That is awesome!!!! GO Ayla!!!!!!!:)