Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"My feet feel pokey."

In the middle of working on some projects yesterday, Ayla stopped and looked up at me.  She said, "Mommy.  My feet feel pokey...I was sitting on them."  I asked her if they were asleep and very seriously, she said, "Yes.  Can you wake them up, please?"  It was sooo cute.  She wanted me to feel them...she thinks that I can feel the "pokey-ness" on the outside. :)


Our owls!

I gave her a pack of pipe cleaners with no instructions and just let her go at it.  She twisted and tied with a smile on her face and learned the word "sculpture."




Showing off the finished product!


I looked down and noticed that her legs were crossed...what a little lady. :)


After she was done, I asked if she wanted to hang it up in her room.  She was thrilled about it!


She celebrated with a lot of jumping and posing. :)


Then she whipped out this strange beauty queen-esque wave.  No idea.




Our busy little girl...you can see the movement in this picture!  She just doesn't stop!


Lately she has learned where her snacks are in the pantry.  She opens the door by herself and picks something out and starts munching.


Giving her baby kisses!

Those cheeks...


My three weeks at home has officially come to an end. (My mom just called and said their plane just landed). I'm ready to head back to work, but as always, it's a bittersweet feeling.  I've gotten used to being with my girls 24/7 and we've worked out a nice routine so it will be strange to not be with them for a few hours each day.  We're going to spend part of the day with my parents tomorrow and then it's back to work on Thursday.

No comments: