Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Back to work

After 25 days off, I'm heading back to work tomorrow.  Boo. :(

I'll be honest, when my mom first told me about their three-week trip, I was a little worried about being home 24/7 with the girlies.  Of course I love and adore them more than anything, but I thought I may just go crazy by the end of my time off.  Turns out, it may have been the best three weeks I've ever had.  I've had so much fun being at home and can't believe it's already over.  I realize I work very few hours, but I'm just not ready to go back yet.  

The girls and I have worked out such a great schedule and routine.  It makes the day so easy and predictable.  Easy and predictable = happy mommy.  Am I a control freak when it comes to keeping my kids on a schedule?  Absolutely.  And I'm not afraid to admit it.  It keeps me sane and it keeps them happy (really!).  They were both sooo good these few weeks.  Obviously, we had our moments but I didn't ever have one of those horrible-I-want-to-tear-my-hair-out days.  

Ayla is becoming more cooperative and helpful and so much fun to play with.  And Aubree?  I swear the child does not fuss.  The only time she fusses or cries is the minute after I put her in her crib for a nap.  Besides that, she's perfectly content throughout the day.  What a good baby.  And I'm so proud to say that for every single nap for the past three weeks, she has gone down on her own.  AND she is 110% binky-free. :) I haven't caved!

During this time, I realized that I am completely capable of handling two kids.  I mean, not that I couldn't do it before, but every now and then I had some major doubts during one of my mommy meltdowns...especially during my maternity leave with Aubree when my life was still being run by hormones.  Yikes.  I'm not saying I won't feel that again, but right now I'm feeling pretty good about myself. :)  I brought the girls out on my own just about everyday...not something I did a whole lot before.  I even took them out to lunch a couple times...all with zero issues.  I don't know what I was afraid of...maybe that epic tantrum that would send me crawling into the nearest corner, but even when and if that happens someday, so what?  They're kids.  It happens.

I'm so lucky that I get to have these extra bits of time off with my girls.  I want to spend as much time with them as possible while they still think I'm the coolest person ever because I know that someday, hopefully for just a brief period, that will not be the case. Ha! :)

This is how Ayla feels about my camera lately.











2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh my gosh, I have NEVER seen such beautiful babies! I look forward every day to getting on your blog to see them and read what's new!

Erika said...

I think it's time for a third! :)