Friday, November 18, 2011

Ayla's first haircut

Technically, this was her second cut but first real one.  Her first one was when we took a couple snips off her baby mullet more than two years ago.

For the past couple of months, I've been trying to convince her to get it cut.  Each time she tells me no because she wants "long hair like Rupunzel."  It was getting to the point where I could no longer make it look nice so I figured it was time.  Conveniently, my friend Meghan posted pictures of her daughter's first haircut last week so when Ayla saw them, she wanted hers cut too.  Thanks Heidi! :)  She asked me if it was going to hurt.  I assured her it wouldn't.  I told her it was like clipping her fingernails and she found that funny. :)

She did really well...sat very still and did not say a word.  As soon as the lady took the first cut and I saw her hair fall to the ground, I felt like I could have cried.  Yep.  I'm that mom.  She took about five inches off and now I wish I wouldn't have gone with that much.  She looks super cute, but it's pretty much just a straight across blunt cut with no style.  I could have done it.  I suppose for 12 bucks, I can't ask for too much, right?   She was pretty happy with it...and her new short pigtails look adorable. :)







Her feather is still holding on strong.  I keep waiting for it to fall out!


4 comments:

The Splonskowski's said...

I love it! It looks healthy and thicker too. Sooo cute. When my Ayla got her first haircut I was the crazy mom with tears in my eyes, crawling around on the floor picking up all of her beautiul little curls.

Anne said...

Seriously. I felt like there was something not right about leaving her hair on the ground! :(

Lindsey said...

Haylee says and I quote," it looks much better!" I think so too. I agree with Jamie.

Meghan Gonzales said...

I'm glad Heidi could help :)