Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Aubree: 8-months

8-months old and so much fun!  We're currently in Ohio (for Thanksgiving) so I won't be taking/posting her monthly pictures until we get home.

She, unfortunately, has a yucky stuffy snotty nose right now but once we get it all cleared out, she's her usual happy self.  Gotta love her...such a sweet baby girl.

She's a drooling machine with her two little bottom teeth coming in.  That, combined with her love of having her fingers in her mouth, has caused a rash on her chin and cheeks.  I bought some Aquaphor today and after a single application, her face looks better.  Amazing stuff.

The past few days, she has been working on crawling on her hands and knees instead of army crawling.  She's getting there!  I still can't believe how quickly she became mobile.  She pulled herself up to her knees in her crib so we had to lower her crib already. Crazy baby.  I have a feeling she will escape her crib a few months from now.

She is extremely curious right now and likes to touch everything she's not supposed to touch.  Her favorite thing is Kody's water bowl.  If I don't catch her in time, I'll find her happily splashing away.  She likes to go after cords, outlets, everything.  We really can't turn our heads for more than a few seconds before she gets into something. 

She has become more vocal and quite loud!  I think she's trying to compete with her big sister. :)  It's amazing how two tiny little people can make so much noise. 

She's still doing well with her naps...usually three a day.  I keep waiting for her to drop that late afternoon one but I think she still needs it.  She sleeps 11 to 12 hours at night.

She now eats baby food three times a day and has four bottles a day. I really hope she continues to be a good eater.  She loves trying tiny bits of whatever we're eating.  If she likes it, she'll eagerly grab our hands and bring them to her mouth so she can have another bite.

She has become a major mama's girl.  It's nice to be loved and feel important but sometimes she seriously flips out when someone else takes her and I walk away.  If I'm not holding her or right next to her, she looks for me.  Cute, but exhausting sometimes when I just need a few minutes to do something. 

She's starting to clap her hands...it's so cute.  Most of the time one hand sits still and the other moves up and down.  I forgot how fun it is to watch them discover and learn new things.

Happy 8-months Aubree lady!  We love you so much!

No comments: