Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Photo binge

I have my computer back! And as I was going through my pictures, I realized that I have not uploaded a single picture from my camera this month. Unacceptable. Only because when I finally go to do it--It. Takes. Forever.

We've had a great couple of weeks filled with lots of family time, some much needed time with Meghan, Chris, and Heidi in from Ohio, Husker games, a friend's wedding, and the very beginning stages of house hunting (don't worry, we're not going far...just looking to move further south in the city so we can be in the school district that we'd like our girls to be in because we're snobs like that.) I'm sure I'm forgetting something in there somewhere...I seriously just sat here for a few minutes trying to remember what we've done the past couple of weeks and came up with nothing. My brain is melting.

Oh yes. How could I forget? Over our three-day weekend last week, we decided to wean Aubree off of her pacifier. She was starting to wake up repeatedly and needing her binky and we were tired of going into her room all night to replace it (same issue we had with Ayla at this age). And just to make our lives even harder, we also decided to stop swaddling her. Two major things at one time. Brilliant. Turns out, just like Ayla, she sleeps fine without being pretty much in a straight-jacket. She is now binky-free...overnight. We went a whole week without her pacifier at all. Then I caved. During the day when Ayla is in her 100% whiny breakdown mode and Aubree is freaking out in her own crazy baby way and my head is about to explode, I need one of them to shut-up...er...I mean, be quiet, so the pacifier it is. I've only used it a few times...I still think breaking her of it is the best thing to do. Baby steps.

On to something more fun--she (Aubree) is still eating like a maniac. I am such a happy mommy! The only thing she doesn't love is peas. She'll eat the whole container, but not without some full body, grossed out shimmy-s, and little bits of gagging here and there. She rolls it around in her mouth until she has no choice but to swallow it. She watches us like a hawk as we eat...it actually makes me feel bad to eat in front of her. I can't wait until she can have real food...she's going to love it. My cute little chunky baby. :)

Ayla is 110% princess. If I'd let her, she'd wear her little plastic princess shoes to bed. She puts together all kinds of random outfits--poofy dresses, veils, headbands, tiaras, necklaces, you name it. If it's pink and sparkly, she loves it.

1 comment:

Leah said...

adorable girlies!! :)

Miss you guys!