Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Aubree's 6-month appointment

I took Aubree in for her 6-month check-up today.  I remember Ayla freaking out through this entire appointment so I was a little nervous about how Aubree would be. 

She was as happy as a clam.

She even gave Dr.Davey a big smile when he came into the room. :) He gave her a tongue depressor to play with while he examined her.  She thought it was the best thing ever.  She didn't fuss a bit as he checked her out.  He said she looks and sounds as healthy as can be.  Good news as always!

She weighed 16 lbs. 1 oz. (45th percentile).  The nurse wrote 16 lbs...I don't think that one ounce would change the percentile, right?  She's 26 and 3/4 inches (79th percentile) and her head is at the 69th percentile.  She's surprisingly still a smidge smaller than Ayla at 6 months...she's gaining on her at each appointment though.

She had to get three shots today. :(  I felt so bad that her great mood was going to get squashed.  She ended up only crying for a minute.  She was fine as soon as I scooped her up.  Once again, she gave the nurse "the look."

We got the okay for her to try biter biscuits and puffs.  We tried itty bitty pieces of puffs and once she shimmies past the texture, I think she likes them. :)

Tomorrow I'm going to go get her some biter biscuits...messy pictures to come.




No comments: