Thursday, September 22, 2011

Aubree: 6-months

She's 6-months old, can you believe it?  I can't. 

I feel like she has changed so much in the past month.  Her personality is really shining through.  She giggles more and squeals with delight when she's happy.  When she gets really excited, her arms and legs start going and she almost seems out of breath!

She is babbling a lot...lots of dada's, mama's, and baba's.  I know she's just finding her voice and figuring out what sounds she can make but when she happens to be in the midst of a string of mamama's and looks right at me, I can't help but get a little excited. :)

When she's getting tired, upset, or annoyed, she grrruuuunts until you fix whatever is not right.  Hopefully this isn't an indication of an attitude to come.

She is still eating very well!  We just started Level 2 baby food...bigger portions and lots of fun flavors.  I couldn't decide which ones to try so I ended up getting one of each.  So far, she has liked all of the ones we've tried.  I think she would rather eat than drink formula.  She has five bottles a day (25 to 30 or so ounces total) and eats baby food twice.

She was sleeping horribly for a while...waking up multiple times a night and freeeaking out. I came across a book I had read when Ayla was a baby and it was like a lightbulb went off.  The tips in this book worked soo well with Ayla...I'm not sure how I forgot about it all this time.  In a nutshell, it says that babies only have a couple hours of wakefulness before they need a nap and on top of that, putting them to bed an hour or so earlier BEFORE they're overly tired will make them sleep better and longer.  Turns out, this guy knows what he's talking about.  We've been making sure she takes good naps during the day--3 to 4 of them totaling 3 or more hours and we've been getting her down at 7:30 instead of 8:30 (we may even slowly make it earlier).  As a result, she has been sleeping through the night [knock on wood] with no issues.  She wakes around 6 or 6:30, has a bottle and goes right back to bed for a couple more hours.  Crazy.  Just a week ago, Dean and I were up constantly.  Of course, things are sure to change but I'm thankful I found this book again because we're definitely on the right track.

She's gotten really good at moving all over the room by rolling, squirming, and twisting.  She has started getting up on her hands and knees and rocking.  Oh boy.  She'll be crawling before we know it.  I think she's anxious to move watching her big sister run all over the place.

She's nearly binky-free.  Sigh.  Really, for the most part she is. She can fall asleep and stay asleep without it but I'm not going to lie, I've plugged her back in a couple times in the morning to buy just a lil more time aaaaand during that hour of madness before Dean gets home from work when both girls are losing it, I've used it...more for my sanity than anything else.

She's a happy happy baby girl and I love her so much.  There's nothing better than seeing her light up and grin when she looks at me. Love it.  Sometimes I still have to pinch myself that she is mine and that I have TWO beautiful little ladies.  Happy 6-months Aubree baby!

(Pictures to come...Dean and I are on our way to Estes Park for the weekend so I'll be taking her pics after we get home.  A huuuge thank you to our parents for taking care of our girls (and Kody) while we're gone!)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Precious little gal! Time is really flying. I remember being pregnant and checking your blog almost daily to see if there was a birth announcement!