Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blankie search

While I was pregnant with Ayla, I registered for this little blankie...we received it in the mail from her Great Aunt Laurie and loved it so much that we ordered an extra one as back up. For the past almost two years, it has worked out perfectly. When one is in the wash, I give her the other one. She has yet to realize that there are two of them. I thought I was being so smart...until I managed to lose one of them. I haven't seen it in about two months. No idea where it is. I finally decided to just order another one and if the missing one shows up (which I'm sure it will, eventually) we'll have three. Even better.

Well, turns out, this particular blankie is discontinued. I have scoured the Internet for one and have had absolutely no luck. There are newer colors and styles out now, but she'll know right away that it's different. I finally found a site that still carried them for $17...not awesome when they're originally $10, but I was desperate. After I clicked on the shipping button, the total came to a whopping $39! I don't know if it's being shipped from Egypt or what but nearly 40 bucks for a blanket the size of a notebook is a little much for me. Looks like I'm going to keep searching every nook and cranny of our house for the missing one.

When we go to pick out a blankie for our new baby, I'm buying a dozen of them.

1 comment:

Erika said...

AH! This reminds me of the $30 teddy I bought...not that kid of teddy:) Buy it, it's worth it....even if find it and you'll have three:)