Wednesday, December 16, 2009

M is for Mischief

Ayla is so mischievious right now. I'm sure it's probably just an age thing and it's all just a part of her very important job as a busy toddler. Right?

Apparently, I need to practice my "stern" look in the mirror because not only does it not work on her, it actually does the complete opposite. The more I use the look, the harder she giggles...and adding the word "NO" just sends her over the edge. She throws her head back and lets out an honest-to-goodness belly laugh. It can be aggravating but at the same time, I find myself biting my lip so I don't smile. She's cute even when she's being a pain in the butt.

Her new thing lately is standing on things she should not be standing on...a messy pile of books, the edge of the couch, on her ride-along toys, etc. When she's in the bathtub, she manages to fling her leg up onto the edge of the tub. She must have gone through a growth spurt because all of a sudden she can do such things. She can also reach the doorknobs but hasn't quite figured out how to pull the door open yet...once she can, it's all over for us. :)

Playing with Kody's toy...something she is not supposed to do.

This is the face she makes when she gets caught doing something she isn't supposed to be doing...does she look guilty or what? :)

Kody needs some face-time too...

Dean was (lightly) bouncing the ball off her face...she found it hilarious.

Here are the outtakes from our Christmas card picture session. I was going back through them tonight and looking at them made me laugh so I thought I'd post them for fun. :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Why is it that dads like to throw things at the kids head/face and both the dad and child thinks it hilarious?? that just baffles me!