Friday, April 18, 2008

Rain, rain go away!

It's been raining for a couple days...I think it's a way to make us really appreciate the great weather we're supposed to have this weekend! I can't wait for it! Meghan's baby shower is this Sunday, here at my house, and it's supposed to be 78 degrees!!! Heat wave! I told her I was going to wear a skirt or dress...not because of the weather, but because I don't have any pants/jeans left that I can button all the way. YIKES! For a while, I did the hairband trick where you loop it through the button hole and over the button...I have since graduated to one of those "Bella Bands"...it's basically a a tube top worn around the waist and it covers the zipper/button. It allows me to leave my pants completely unbuttoned AND unzipped. It's awesome. It works out really well because although I can't wear my jeans normally, maternity pants are still too big...they look like MC Hammer pants on me. I'll save that look for later...

I'm feeling great...my appetite is back in full swing, which is good! Remember how I loved ice cream before I got pregnant? Well, now I love it even more. Oreo Blizzards with chocolate syrup...YUM. The first couple of months, I wasn't able to gain any weight...I'd put on a couple pounds and then it'd be gone in a couple days. I think it was because I was feeling sick and didn't have much of an appetite. I'm pretty sure I'm making up for it now! I know that gaining weight is important, but I'm going to be completely honest and say that it's REALLY weird to see that number on the scale climbing up!

My skin SUCKS right now!!! My pores look bigger and my forehead looks like the freaking Swiss Alps. At least it's just on my forehead and I can mask some of it with my bangs...which may be the problem to begin with...my hair products might be irritating the skin where my bangs touch my face. [sigh] It's a vicious cycle...what can you do?

One more thing...dreams. They're CRAZY! You would think I was on drugs or something. I used to not remember very many of my dreams and if I did, it was always about something really boring...like tying my shoes. NOW, I have the most vivid, detailed...and often hilarious dreams. A couple of my favorite ones (I've told some of you about these):

I dreamed that I was in the movie Ice Age 3 (yes, the computer-animated one)...this was before I even knew that there actually IS an Ice Age 3 coming out. I dreamed that I was a character in the movie and we were all frozen in an ice berg floating through an underwater New York City when one of the mammoths (in my dream, his name was Bart) found a hole in the ice berg that led us into the ocean. He freed us! We were all swimming around and there was even a song called, "Bart's Hole." Good stuff, right?

And another one--I dreamed that I was on some sort of trip with a bunch of friends and we were all staying in a hotel room together. I was laying on one of the beds, which was pulled about a foot away from the wall and I had to find my friend, Ricky, who somehow had shrunk down to the size of a grain of sand. I had to comb through the carpet behind the bed and look for him. I could hear his voice and I remember it bouncing back and forth and I kept telling him to either sit still or to make his way toward a certain object. I never did find him...

So weird. But it's entertaining.

I'll have Dean take another picture of me this weekend and I'll get it posted!

No comments: