Monday, September 22, 2014

Making wishes ✨



My parents are currently in Taiwan so I'm at home with Miss Aubree every day.  We started our second week today. By the time my parents are home, it will have been a month! So far, I'm really loving my time with Aubree. It's rare that she and I have time as just the two of us, so it's been fun! I've tried to keep our days busy running errands and being out and about. We've done a lot of shopping and just walking around stores. If anything, I can turn her into a little girl who doesn't act like a freak job any time we set foot in any store other than Hy-Vee. We went to several places in a row today and she did just great. We shopped a little, went and saw Dean at his office, went out to lunch with Dean, and then stopped at a couple more stores. By the time we got home, it was almost time to go pick up Ayla from school. She is so good when it's just one-on-one...and same with Ayla. When they're together, I think they're competing for attention and they both know how to egg each other on so then a battle ensues. You'd think that they would love to be around each other after a whole day apart while Ayla's at school. But no. It's WWIII every afternoon during the week. However, on the weekends, I feel like we rarely see them because they will play together for literally hours. I'll take it. On Tuesdays, while Aubree is in preschool (while my parents are out of town), I have a whole two and a half hours to do WHATEVER. I. WANT. This is huge, people. So huge that for my first free Tuesday last week, I chose to go to Hy-Vee to get groceries and then home to take a shower. It's the little things. :)

No comments: