Thursday, April 3, 2014

Aubree's 3-year check up & Ayla's 5-year-Kindergarten physical

I took the girls in yesterday for their check-ups.  I figured it'd be easier to get them done at the same time.  I was gearing myself up for the fact that Ayla would have to get a few shots.  I even prepared her for it.  Turns out, I opted to get her those shots at her 4-year appointment.  Best news ever.  She got away with just one finger poke. :)  She also had to pee in a cup which, at first, seemed horrifying to her.  We got it done though, with no issues.  She had to take a hearing test and a vision test, both of which she passed.  During the vision test, she could easily see everything with both eyes, but when Judy asked her to cover one eye at a time, she had a little bit of trouble seeing the bottom line (which Judy assured me was normal for this age).  I could tell Ayla was a little frustrated with it--she'd start with her whole hand over her eye like she was supposed to but as the test went on, she ended up with one finger barely over a squinted eye. :)  For now, she seems fine, but I'm almost positive that both of the girls will have to have glasses someday.

I was 99% sure that Aubree wouldn't have to get any shots.  I checked back on my blog entry about Ayla's 3-year appointment and was happy to see that she didn't get any then.  Who knows if things have changed in the last two years though, so when Aubree asked if she needed any, I said I didn't think so but we'd have to wait and see what Dr. Davey says.  That was not a good enough answer for her.  I think throughout the day and the entire time Ayla was being checked, Aubree would periodically ask every few minutes...or really just tell me and whoever was listening that she wasn't getting shots.  She didn't get any.  Thank goodness.

They both did really well--they did everything Judy and Dr. Davey asked them to do.  They are both healthy in all aspects.  Dr. Davey did ask Aubree to eat more vegetables, but while he was trying to tell her this, she was very distracted and every time he named a different veggie, she said, "But remember, I don't like *insert veggie."  Hilarious. Aubree is always Aubree no matter who she's around.  Ayla is quite the opposite and is 110% a rule follower when it comes to other people.



They look so cute in these little gowns...

...especially when their little bums stick out.




Her facial expressions while he was listening to her heart and lungs were so funny.

Afterwards, Dr. Davey made them balloon animals.  Aubree wanted a dog.  He asked if she wanted a regular dog or a wiener dog.  She picked the wiener dog but as he was making the last little twist, she said, "I want a regular dog, actually." Lol.  We made her stick with what he made.  Ayla wanted a sword...I was kind of surprised that she didn't want a flower or something. :)  They also got lollipops and stickers.  I told Ayla it was like going to the carnival...to which she quickly responded, "Except for my finger poke.  That is not like going to the carnival." Fair enough.  I know I say this every time, but I love Dr. Davey.  He is just soo great with the girls and so good at what he does.  While he checked each of them, he checked over them as carefully as he did the day they were born--down to every little finger and toe.

Ayla's stats--36.4 lbs (12th percentile); 3 feet 8 1/2 inches (62nd percentile)

Aubree's stats--29.4 lbs (34th percentile); 3 feet 2 inches (70th percentile).  This is the first time Aubree has surpassed Ayla's stats at the same age.  Up until this appointment, she's always been just a smidge under or exactly at what Ayla was.  They've pretty much been the same all the way through.  Aubree is nearly a pound heavier than Ayla at this age and is 3/4th of an inch taller.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This post has confirmed to me that Lily is a GIANT! She ways almost 20 pounds more than Ayla and over 3 inches taller. She is going to be bigger than me in a few years! What am I going to do??

Anonymous said...

Mmm you have very sexy daughters, I'd pull down Ayla's panties and insert my huge cock inside her tight little hole, and analfuck the shit out her, and as I ram my cock inside her little hole I'll be making out with her sister and fingering her little holes as well :)