Monday, October 28, 2013

Potty training progress

Round Three of potty training with Aubree has actually been going better than I had anticipated.  After my last post with that picture of her FREAKING out about no longer wearing diapers, I wanted to quit right then and there.  We both powered through it and she's been peeing a few drips every six minutes.  The skin on my hands is sloughing off from washing them so often and she's consistently on a sugar high from her Skittle and jelly bean rewards for going in the potty.  BUT.  I think she really gets it this time.  We regress a bit a couple times a day--I've had to wrestle her into Pull-Ups after naps and waking in the morning.  No really.  I've literally had to pin her arms under my legs while I pull those suckers on.  With some mild bribing though, she stops fighting and we're good to go. :) It's only been a couple of days but I'm really proud of her! My parents are heading to China for the next ten days, so I figured since I was going to be home with the girls while they're there, it'd be the perfect time to try this again. :)  Keeping my fingers crossed that this continues to go well...

No comments: