Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Costumes for Preschool and Dance Class

Ayla had a Mother Goose Party at preschool today.  All the kids had to dress up as nursery rhyme characters...sooo we worked with what we had and Ayla went as Little Bo Peep.  I wasn't the only one who sent her daughter to school in a little dress holding a stuffed lamb. :)  I know the kids have fun and love to dress up no matter what the costume...but why can't we just have a nice little harmless Halloween party and let them wear their actual costumes?  Either way, she was a cute Little Bo Peep...any excuse to wear a pretty dress makes her happy. :)


When I went to pick up Ayla, her teacher had everyone lined up ready for pictures! :)

And for costume #2, she went to dance class as a butterfly--wings from her Halloween costume and hot pink pipe cleaner antennae in her pigtails. :)



At the end of her class, we got to watch them perform two dances--a tap dance to "Monster Mash" and a short ballet dance.  Dean was able to get off work in time to go as well...I'm so excited he got to see her dance.  I've been telling him how well she has been doing.  She's come a long ways since last summer when she was completely frozen during her performance.  I was wondering if she would dance this time.  She usually gets so shy in front of us.  We sat right in front of her and she did SO WELL!!!!  She danced every step of both dances!  I am so proud of her!  I really hope she continues to enjoy and learn at these classes.  I think it's been great for her--she's become more confident and less shy.  I can't wait until her actual recital in May! (I took videos while she danced, so I don't have any pictures.)
Her wings must have been hard to dance in...they were off when we went in to watch her dance.


No comments: