Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ayla's 5th Birthday Party

Ayla was soooo excited for her birthday party! She was counting down the days. :)  On the morning of, we went downstairs and when she saw the decorations, she had the sweetest reaction ever.

This is my Facebook post from that morning:

Ayla just went downstairs and saw the few simple decorations we put up for her birthday party today. Her eyes got big, a huge smile spread across her face...she ran over to me and gave me a hug that brought tears to my eyes and said the most appreciative "thank you" I've ever heard her say. Love. What a great way to start the morning.

She kept thanking me throughout the day (and for days after) for her party. So cute. As long as she had a great day and was a happy girl, my goal was met. :)

Before everyone showed up, we took a few pictures:




Jumping for joy!  "It's my birthday!!"











She chose this princess cake...I don't see an end anytime soon to this princess phase. ;)
 Her cousins were among the first to arrive.  I decided to take advantage and sit them down immediately for a group picture.  They aren't all together very often so I really wanted to get a good one, but with seven kids, it's not easy!  I decided to just post them all...they're all pretty similar, but I'm not sure if there's one where they're all smiling or paying attention. :) It went a little something like this:










 The kids went outside to play for a bit before coming back in to open presents.  It was a GORGEOUS day.




Time for presents!




For some reason, when she really likes something, she sticks her tongue out. :)




A teddy bear chair from Aunt Marla!

She got all serious and almost embarrassed when we sang happy birthday to her.








After cake and ice cream, everyone headed back outside for some more fun...BOUNCE HOUSE!



Eli modeling Ayla's new shoes from Lisa and Jim. :)

Fiona partied a little too hard. ;)  She is seriously the sweetest, most easygoing baby!
It was a really fun day...I think everything went perfectly and Ayla went to bed a very happy (and tired) little girl!  Thank you to everyone who came! :)

No comments: