Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!



I had a lovely Mother's Day weekend!  On Saturday, we got up and did the Heart Walk downtown with a few people from Dean's office.  After we got home and fed the girls lunch, I left to run a bunch of errands that had started to stack up.  No matter what it is I'm doing, it's always nice to get a little breather and do something on my own.  I love my babies, but some "me" time is much needed here and there.  Later that evening, I grabbed my friend Molly for dinner and a couple of drinks.  It was refreshing to sit and chat with her for a bit.  She is just one of those people who really gets me. :)

Sunday morning, Dean got up with the girls and let me sleep in.  It was awesome. :)  I was treated to breakfast in bed--toast with eggs and cheese, chocolate covered strawberries, and a mimosa.  It was delivered by two very excited little girls and the best hubby ever.  They left to let me eat my breakfast by myself and I even got to get ready for the day, uninterrupted.  When Aubree went down for a nap, Dean took Ayla outside while he mowed and I LAYED DOWN.  I actually wasn't feeling well, but either way, it was amazing to be able to be relax for a while.  I'm not sure I ever fell asleep but it was still nice. :)  Dean's family came over for dinner.  Before we ate, we were able to hang out outside for a while before the girls had to be in bed.  I love that the weather is finally starting to warm up.

Great Mother's Day. :)  I am a lucky girl.

No comments: