Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sick

My poor little Ayla is sick. :( It's only the second time ever that she has not felt well, so for that, we are very lucky...but it still stinks. I hate seeing her like this.

On Monday night, she slept very poorly...up and down for about four hours in the middle of the night. We thought it was still related to teething, but in the morning she woke up with an awful-sounding cough. She developed a fever and a runny nose so we brought her in to see Dr.Davey in the afternoon. I wouldn't be as worried if we weren't flying to Ohio next Tuesday for Thanksgiving. I wanted to make sure it wasn't something we really needed to worry about. Of course, it turned out to be some nasty virus that we don't have a miraculous cure for.

She knew where we were once the nurse came in and shut the door. Smart girl. And then Dr.Davey had to check her ears...not good. She was furious. She ended up throwing up because she was so upset (which I figured she would) all over him, my mom, and me. I'm so glad my mom was there because I was near tears while I had to hold Ayla down, so she took over for me.

We cranked up her humidifier, gave her a shot of baby Motrin and put her to bed with our fingers crossed that all three of us would get a better night's sleep. She whimpered a few times but slept all the way through, thank goodness.

This morning, she still has a runny nose but her fever has gone down, which is great. She sounds pretty congested but is in good spirits. I hope we can knock this thing out before we head out of town. I'm already super nervous about our flight out *with a FOUR-HOUR layover* in Chicago. Yikes. And she being sick does not help me feel any better about it all. Wish us luck.

3 comments:

Erika said...

Shoot! Second time though, you guys have had great luck!!!:) Speaking if, good luck next week, I'm betting she'll be all better by then and fly like a champ. Still, just the thought of flying with the girls makes me anxious. Good thing we never go anywhere, huh?
Give her a hug for us!

Anne said...

Thanks Erika! Both the last time she was sick and this time, I thought of you and your girls. You have had to deal with them being sick pretty often! I would have such a hard time with it!

Erika said...

Yah we have, and I still consider them pretty healthy kids! We've done really good since the tubes in their ears this summer, well besides our bout with the H1N1. Ha.
Hang in there and have a fun Turkey Day!:)
e