Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I lied.

I'm still working. I thought I was going to be done last week, but I figured I could just finish out the month, which would've been just this past Monday and Tuesday...BUT then I thought "what's a couple more days?" So I scheduled myself for Wednesday and Thursday as well (not Friday since my appointment is in the middle of the day.) After today though, I will happily and officially be done working after Monday the 6th...and I'm only working that day because we are short a person. PIP has migrated lower and my waddling is in full effect...waddling and trying to hustle through a restaurant don't mix too well, I found out today!

I've been feeling a lot more crampiness and pressure since my last appointment...still no contractions though. Every now and then in the middle of the night, I feel aches and pains but I think it's just stronger Braxton-Hicks. ??? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when I go to my appointment on Friday, she'll tell me that I've progressed!

Dean has installed car seat bases in both of our cars and I have our hospital bag in my car just in case! Last night, Dean packed most of his stuff for the hospital...it was pretty entertaining to watch. I never knew picking out three shirts would prove to be so difficult! I think it took him a good half an hour to pick them out and repack everything in a larger bag. At one point, he came out to the living room and said how he didn't know what to pack and felt like he didn't have clothes he wanted to bring. He even considered going shopping for new clothes (yes, to wear while at the hospital) because he felt like it was important to look nice since he'll be in a lot of pictures that we and others will look at for the rest of our lives. (Meanwhile, I'll be the puffy, no make-up, tired, achy one in the giant hospital gown). How funny. I think I've worn off on him...who doesn't want new outfits for exciting new events?! He eventually settled on a few shirts...no shopping required. We're good to go now!

My dad just got home last night from a two-week long trip in Taiwan...he asked PIP to wait for him...and she did...but now I think I'd be okay if she decided to come out and meet us! He bought her a couple pairs of really cute shoes and some swaddling blankets...I thought it was so cute that he would go out and pick out girly pink stuff especially since he's not much of a shopper.

I'll post again after my appointment on Friday...

1 comment:

The Wannabe Redhead said...

OHHHHH, you're getting so close! I'm so excited for you and Dean. BTW, how funny is he that he 'needed' new outfits for the hospital?! ...I think regardless, we all might look back at our outfits in 20 years and go "Really?! I can't believe I wore that!" I'm sure you'll look BEAUTIFUL in the pictures! My thoughts are with you as you come to the end of this journey and begin an entirely different one! I can't wait to meet PIP!