Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dinner with friends...and another appointment

Last night, Dean and I had some friends over for dinner...Jim & Lacy, who is pregnant (due Oct.21st), and their 1 1/2-year old son, Jase; Bill & Taylor, who is also preggers (with TWINS! Due in November, but is good to go on Oct.17th); and Ryan & Katie (who just had a baby, Karter, a couple weeks ago) and their 2 1/2-year old son, Kaden. It was a really good time! We ate dinner and just hung out and chatted...it was fun to share preggo stories and also get great advice from the girls. We definitely need to get together more often...especially once all the babies are here. It would be so fun to be in the hospital at the same time as Lacy and Taylor...we're all basically due within five days of eachother! Babies everywhere! I love it!
Lacy (due 10/21-boy), me (due 10/16-girl), Taylor (basically due 10/17-twins-boy & girl), and Katie (w/Karter, born 9/5)
I have a confession. And some of you already know this...but I'm kind of afraid to hold teeny-tiny little babies! That's not good considering I'm three weeks away from having one of those teeny-tiny babies, but I'm sure it'll be different with my own...right?? I LOVE babies and it's not that I don't WANT to hold them, but when they're THAT small, I feel like they're so fragile! No worries...I'll get over it!

I had an appointment this afternoon...everything is still looking good! I told my doctor about how she flipped back and forth last week. She wanted to do a quick ultrasound on a laptop in the same exam room to make sure her head was still down. I was so excited to see PIP again...it was a nice surprise! Her head IS still down, which is great and we got in really close to her face. Her cheeks are still chubby!!! And we saw her eyes opening and closing and she was moving her mouth around. It's sooooooo cool to see! I wish Dean would have been there with me to see her!
The doctor also showed me her spine, arms, hips, and legs...she's right where I thought she was. I asked how big she might be and she said since I've been measuring pretty much right where I'm supposed to be each time, she thinks she'll be between 7 1/2 to 8 pounds! I was kind of surprised to hear that! I was only 6 pounds 2 ounces when I was born and I sort of just assumed that PIP would be smaller like that. Who knows though...we'll only know for sure when she's born! She also checked my cervix...not dilated at all, but a good amount of softening. From here on out, I have appointments once a week to see how I'm progressing.

No comments: