Monday, July 21, 2008

A week at the Cabin

Dean and I just got home from our week-long trip to Wisconsin! I can't believe it's already over! We were gone for nine days and it didn't feel like anything longer than a weekend...how does that work?! It was really nice to be able to spend time with family! And just a side-note...I realize it's important to eat a little more while I'm pregnant, but during our trip, I think I ate enough to be having quadruplets. No kidding. Guess what?! Grandpa (Peterson) FINALLY felt PIP move while we were up there!!! They were just two tiny little kicks, but he felt them! She's been pretty stubborn with him...as soon as he puts his hand on my stomach to feel her move, she stops! Hopefully he'll get to feel some of the bigger ones!

While we were gone, I noticed a LOT more big movements...the tiny little kicks and flutters have almost completely given way to huge rolls and pushes. I even saw either an elbow or knee drag from one side of my stomach to the other. Very weird sensation, but I love it! It's crazy to watch her shift sides and distort my belly! I got noticeably bigger this week...I kind of felt like I had grown, but I didn't take much time to really look at myself in the mirror. When we got home last night, I was in the bathroom and decided to lift up my shirt to check it out...holy BELLY!!! I am ROUND.

This trip was our last baby-free vacation together...our next trip will be to Ohio for Thanksgiving and at that point, she will be about 6 weeks old. Dean and I have gone on some great trips in the past several months though, so I'm not complaining! Chicago a couple times, San Diego, and Tucson. And to be perfectly honest, I'm great with not traveling again before she arrives...the 9-hour trip home yesterday seemed a lot longer! My back started to bother me towards the end so I was really ready to get home.

Remember how I was saying that getting out of a car had started to become a bit of a struggle? Well, the situation hasn't improved. Neither has standing up from any sitting or lying position. It always makes me shake my head and giggle at myself because I THINK my body is moving to get up, but then I realize I have not budged. It either takes a couple of tries or Dean heads over to pull me up (he giggles at me too.) My calves have started cramping while I'm asleep...not gonna lie, it sucks. It's not every night, at least! My feet get just a little bit swollen by the end of the evening...they're not too bad yet, however, even when they're not swollen, I feel like they look wider. If they don't go back to normal after having the baby and I can no longer cram my feet into all of my cute heels, there will be huge problems. Huge. Let's all keep our fingers crossed...

No comments: