Sunday, July 6, 2008

GREAT 4th of July weekend!

I hope everyone had a great LONG 4th of July weekend! Certainly can't get enough of those! It was also Dean's 29th birthday this weekend (Saturday the 5th).

On Thursday night, we just stayed home and relaxed and played a few games of rummy (sp?)...just for the record, I kicked Dean's butt!!

On Friday, we did stuff around the house and had some friends over to watch our neighbor's fireworks show...Meghan and Chris brought little Heidi over all decked out in a cute 4th of July outfit! She did GREAT! She actually slept through most of the noise! PIP was pretty still through the smaller booms, but once the big ones started going, she was moving all over the place.

For Dean's birthday on Saturday, we ran a few errands during the day and then had a yummy dinner with the fam and headed out for a few birthday drinks/waters. Dean didn't give all of us too many ideas for what he wanted for his birthday...basically, he said he needed some new polos...that's it. SOOO, between both sets of parents and myself, he received 11 polos. Eleven. I think he'll be more serious about ideas when Christmas rolls around.

And today, Sunday, we slept in and eventually made it out of the house around 2:00p (we're bums). We went to Babies R Us to finally finish up our registry...we needed a break after doing our Target one! It's still so overwhelming! Hopefully we covered everything! We had a really early dinner and then we went to a movie...we saw WALL-E...very cute! PIP was rolling around during the entire movie...I think she liked it too.

We finished painting the wall shelf for the nursery...the last thing that had to be done. Now it just has to be hung up and we're good to go. Hopefully we'll get that up this week sometime. I'll get pictures posted then!

I was telling Dean today that although I'm still feeling well, I can definitely feel my body slowing down a bit. Getting in and out of cars is starting to get a little annoying...I feel like I have to roll out and just hope for the best. Ok, it's not THAT bad, but it does take some more effort...as does getting off the couch or any other sitting position. And I get random little aches and pains here and there...mostly in my feet and legs...I'm still trucking along though!

This coming weekend, we're going on vacation!!! We're heading up to our cabin in Wisconsin for a whole week! We're planning on leaving early Saturday morning...it'll be about an 8 to 9-hour drive...possibly longer since more bathroom breaks will most likely be needed this time. This is a yearly summer trip, but last year Dean and I didn't get to go because of a cruise we decided to go on, so we're both anxious to get up there. It's always a relaxing, low-key week...a great time to read, play games, and spend time with family (I think there will be 10 of us there...plus 2 dogs!)

No comments: