Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A bunch of random things, as usual...

We have a name picked out...for my belly button. Dean has named it the "fun-meter!" It's never an innie anymore...it's either flush with the rest of my stomach (typically only in the mornings when I wake up) or it's sticking out enough to see it through my shirt. Dean calls it the "fun-meter" because we've noticed that the harder I laugh, the more it sticks out. It's pretty funny. We were at Lowe's the other day picking up stuff for the chair rail for the nursery and for some reason, I was laughing and it was sticking all the way out. Dean kept poking at it and we were both cracking up in the aisle like a couple of crazies. People probably thought we were nuts!

Yesterday afternoon, I went over to Ping and Lindsey's house...Lindsey (my sister-in-law) dragged two huge Rubbermaid totes full of 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes that Haylee wore when she was a baby. We went through it all and she let me take whatever I wanted! THANK YOU to both Lindsey and Miss Haylee for letting us borrow so much!!! It'll really help!

Speaking of Haylee, she is going to be the best big cousin ever! She's 3, going on 4, and is SO excited for her "baby cousin" to arrive! Before we found out the sex, Haylee INSISTED that it was going to be a girl. She wasn't going to have it any other way. She tells me all the time that she wants to hold her "baby cousin" and play with her and share her toys with her. So sweet. Just to give her an idea, we told her that by Halloween, the baby would be here, so now she tells me that the baby is growing like the great pumpkin. She seems to be pretty fascinated with my growing stomach! Just about every time I see her, she says, "Your tummy is getting big." So matter-of-fact...little kids are awesome. One time, I told her I liked her new dress and she responded, "Thanks. I like your belly." Hehe.

I think I have decided on a paint color for the nursery...surprise, surprise, it's PINK! I originally thought about doing two shades...a light one above the chair rail and a slightly darker one below, but the room is so small that I thought maybe that would be overboard. So as of right now, it's going to be a very, very light pink. I've read that a soft pink like that is very calming and soothing, so that's good! Dean wanted to try and get everything painted this weekend...we're also painting a dresser, wall shelf, and nightstand white. I can't wait to see it all!

We've gotten all the major things for the nursery...the bedding came and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! It's even cuter in person! I can't wait until the crib comes so I can set it all up! The glider is also here and I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box. The color is perfect! In the picture online, it looks a little yellowy, but it's a very light neutral beige. I decided to put it together myself because all the reviews online said it was so easy. I still managed to mess it up though. I used two screws that were too long and they poked through the bottom. Boo. You can't see it though. We also got our stroller/car seat set. The stroller is massive!!! I think I could fit in it! We like the set though...great color, feels very sturdy, and seems easy to use.

I can hardly believe that I'm nearly 6 months along already...it's gone so FAST!!! I'm still feeling really well. Still dealing with the pesky tailbone pain, but it's not constant, so it's tolerable. My lovely zit problem...everytime I think I may have won the battle, a new one pops up somewhere. Today, there's a new one on my shoulder. Who gets pimples on their shoulder?!? Gross.

A fun new thing...PIP has found my bladder...she likes to tap dance on it...it's a wonderful feeling. She's still very active...always while I'm lounging on the couch after work in the afternoons and when I read in bed before going to sleep. It's so fun to sit and watch my stomach move! She's stubborn already...when she moves, I try to get Dean (or anyone else) to feel or watch my stomach, but as soon as someone does, she gets stage fright and stops. I swear she knows that people are watching!

I haven't been sleeping as well lately...I told Dean that I think it's happening to slowly get me used to functioning on light, broken sleep. My allergies have been kicking my butt, so that adds to the crappy sleep too. I'm going to survive though...I really don't have anything to complain about! Overall, I really do feel GREAT.

No comments: