Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sick with something...but getting better!

On Saturday, I had my first experience with crying for absolutely no reason. Dean and I were laying in bed on Saturday morning talking about what we were going to do with our day. He just finished saying that he was planning on going to Cabela's with our friend, Jim, when I felt myself get all teary-eyed. I was a bit weirded out because that's obviously nothing to cry about, so I turned and faced the other way hoping that the tears would stop. They didn't. And when Dean asked what was wrong and if it was something he said, I cried even more. So weird. I assured Dean that it wasn't him. Then, that night at work, some stupid lady made me mad, which is a pretty common occurrence...but instead of just getting annoyed and letting it go, I cried. Yep, in the almost 11 years I've worked at our restaurant, I've never cried. I'm pretty sure my brother thought I was insane...at that point he didn't know yet that I was pregnant.

On Sunday, I woke up feeling pretty run down and sluggish and ended up having a fever which peaked at 102.5. I flipped out because I know that having a high temp so early on in a pregnancy can potentially be bad. I also know I read too much CRAP on the Internet, so I freaked myself out even more. From now on, I'm going to rely on my books and my doctor/nurses/family/friends for information. Good idea, right?

I ended up going to the doctor yesterday afternoon...my temperature was down to 99 and they tested me for the flu, which surprisingly, came back negative. (They stuck a 6-inch cotton swab up my nose...definitely not one of the best feelings I've experienced!) They actually didn't even tell me what was wrong with me...I'm assuming it's my typical cold/sinus infection. Fun stuff

No comments: