Thursday, February 14, 2008

Holy moly, we're having a baby!

I know what you're all thinking..."It's about time!"

We found out that I was pregnant on Friday February 8th! After several months with no luck because my cycles are very irregular (the last two lasted 45 days or so), I REALLY didn't think this month was going to be it. I was expecting my period earlier in the week, but when it didn't come, I kind of just figured that I was having an even longer cycle.

I decided to take a home pregnancy test just for the heck of it. I sat in the bathroom and put the test on the ground while I waited for the result. I was supposed to wait for three minutes, so I got my phone out to watch the time.

When I looked down, I seriously couldn't believe it! I snatched that test up and blinked a few times to make sure I wasn't just seeing things! Then I grabbed the instruction sheet to make sure I was reading it correctly. I was! Holy CRAP!!!! I just sat there staring at it for what felt like forever. I knew that I wanted to tell Dean in person, not over the phone, so I was trying to figure out how I could go through an entire day without telling him! I wouldn't see him until I got home from work that night at 9.

I hopped into the shower, all the while, trying to come up with a good way to tell Dean when I heard a knock on the bathroom door. It was Dean! He was on his way to work and realized he had forgotten his briefcase so he had to come back home to get it. How perfect!!

I cracked open the door and told him I had to show him something. His eyes got HUGE! I picked up the test and showed it to him. I think he was floored.

Needless to say, we are SO very very excited! It's been so hard not telling our family and close friends yet...especially since we talk to or see most of them quite often. We wanted to wait a little while since it's still so early on, but we've decided to tell Dean's family on Sunday and my family on Monday (after my parents come home from Taiwan). We CAN'T WAIT to see their reactions!! I bought a bunch of white onesies and ironed on I love Grandma, I love Grandpa, etc for each of our parents and our siblings. I rolled them up and tied them with ribbon and put them in little take-out style boxes. We're going to have them each open their "late Valentine's Day" present. Fun stuff! Hopefully they get what's going on! I'll post a couple pictures of the onesies...


Right now, the only friends who know are Meghan and Chris...they're part of the preggo club...Meghan is about halfway through her pregnancy and I'm sooooo excited that we're pregnant at the same time! She is a wonderful friend and I love that we're sharing this amazing experience.

Bear with me, this first entry is getting a little long! Just a couple more things--
I had a blood test done that same Friday to confirm the pregnancy...I had to wait until Monday morning to get the results! Torture! I was able to schedule my first appointment which will be on Friday March 7th. It feels so far away at this point! I'm really looking forward to it!

So far, I'm feeling great...I've only known for a week, but I have to remind myself periodically that I'm pregnant! It doesn't seem real yet! I get tired when I drive. I end up yawning all the way to and from work everyday. Ooh and my favorite part so far--my boobs. Hehe. I don't know if it's just in my head, but I swear they've gotten bigger already...sore, but bigger.

No comments: