Thursday, March 28, 2013

Aubree: 2-years

As I was just typing this post's title, I thought, "No way.  She's freaking TWO!"  I can't believe my baby is two!!  It has gone so incredibly fast.  Her birthday was on the 22nd...party on the 24th.  Lots of pictures to come!

She is 100% toddler right now.  She touches, messes with, throws, steps on, sits on everything she's not supposed to.  It makes me a little bit crazy, but the thrill in her giggles when I come after her and tell her no puts an instant smile on my face.  I try so hard to hide it, but I can't help it sometimes.  She actually gets a twinkle in her eye when she's doing something naughty.

She has such an easygoing personality (most of the time) and is quite possibly the most hilarious little person I've ever met.  Really.  If you haven't met her, you need to.  I dare you to be around her for more than a few minutes and not smile or laugh.  She's awesome.

Just in the past couple of weeks, she has started speaking in full sentences.  "Mommy, can I have a yogurt pop, please?" (I freeze those tubes of yogurt so she thinks it's a popsicle.)  It's crazy how quickly her mind started putting together strings of words.  I have no idea where she even learns so many of these words.  I suppose having a big sister who never stops talking helps tremendously. :)  Dean and I joke that she currently sounds like a robot.  She speaks very deliberately...very calculated, as if she wants to make sure each word sounds just right.  She has some sort of accent, but we can't figure out what it is--British, New York, Australian? :)

She loves, loves, loves to dance...she actually has some pretty impressive moves.  I'm not sure where she got them, but it's adorable to watch.  She also loves to sing--the alphabet (still working on it), Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Rock a Bye Baby.  She loves her stuffed animals and baby dolls.  She is the cutest little mommy...she covers them with blankets and rocks them to sleep or takes them for rides around the house in a stroller. :)  She loves to watch Caillou, Curious George, Dora, Bubble Guppies, Daniel Tiger,  and Barney.  I know tv isn't the greatest, but we try to stick to these handful of shows so she/they can actually learn something while they're watching.  And I'm not going to lie...sometimes I just need a breather so I can get something, anything done.  Thank you, PBS and Nickelodeon.  Mommy loves you.

I am still the Schedule Nazi so she is very comfortable with our daily routine and knows exactly what to expect.  She's in bed by 8:00 p.m. at the latest and sleeps until 7:00 or 8:00 the next morning.  She takes a nap after lunch that is normally a little over an hour to two and a half hours.  They seem to be getting a little shorter.  Not sure what that means.  Ayla quit napping at 2 1/2.  I'm hoping Aubree makes it a bit longer than that.  Although, once naps are out of the picture, we will have a lot more freedom.

She is still a pretty good eater.  She's gotten a little bit pickier, which I think is typical for this age, but she's still doing well for the most part.  She loves cheese--shredded cheese, string cheese, sliced cheese, cottage cheese, you name it.  She seems to be well-rounded.  Veggies are a bit tough, but everything else is generally okay.  Right now, she's addicted to milk.  I can't even say the word "milk" around her without her asking for some.  Or if she sees her sippy cup.  Pretty much anytime anything reminds her of it, she wants some.  I don't mind most of the time, but if she gets her hands on some during a meal, she won't eat.  So frustrating.

She loves Ayla so much and wants to do everything she does, which in turn, drives poor Ayla a little crazy.  Funny thing is, she gets a rise out of driving Ayla nuts.  It's a vicious cycle we have going on here. :)

She is just growing up so fast and learning so much.  It never gets old watching all of this happen.  I love this little person so much, I am rendered speechless when I try to describe it.  She is such a lovable, snuggly, funny little ball of fire and I just can't get enough of her.

I posted this on my Facebook page on her birthday...I think it says it all:

My sweet little Aubree turns TWO today. I can't believe I ever questioned the idea of loving a second child as much as the first. Turns out, I fell in love from the moment I found out I was pregnant...and again when I felt her kick for the first time...and once more when I laid eyes on that beautiful screaming little face right after she was born. She has grown into the most hilarious, lovable, ornery, and sweet little lady and I love her more than any words could ever express. Life is definitely better with her in it. Happy happy 2nd birthday, Miss Aubree!

No comments: