Monday, September 3, 2012

Houses

I have totally failed at staying up to date!  August was a crazy, crazy month.  Between taking pictures of other people and getting our current home ready to be put on the market, I think I may just lose my mind.  I hardly took any pictures of Ayla and Aubree.  All I have for this post are photos of the progress of our new house...not exactly thrilling for everyone to see, but I wanted them in the books. :)

Our (current) house was listed on August 30th.  That evening, we had a showing with strong interest and the next day, they came back to see it and gave us an offer.  It'd be pretty awesome to say we sold our house in one day, wouldn't it?  Well, no such luck.  They gave us a ridiculously insulting offer.  So to the curb they went. :)  We're waaay too early in the game to even consider what they wanted to give us.  Jerks. 

Anyways.

We had another showing the following day and yesterday (Sunday September 2) we had our first Open House.  According to our agent, it was successful.  We had several couples come through, three of which seemed to be seriously interested.  The anticipation of it all just kills me.  With it being Labor Day, we're not likely to get any action or hear anything.  I'm hoping that tomorrow, we'll hear some good news about those couples.  Every time my phone rings, I hope it's our agent with some news and every time I get a text, I hope it's the showing service asking me to confirm a showing.  See?  I'm going nuts and it's only been 4 1/2 days.  Lordy.  It's been a pretty great few days though...plenty of interest from people so we must be doing something right.

Speaking of going nuts, keeping the house looking like a model home without a single thing out of place while trying to raise two small children (and a big dog) in it is...well...interesting.  I think every time we've left the house in the past few days, I'm out of breath, sweaty, and in need of a brown paper sack to breathe in to.  We have to leave the house as if someone might go see it at any moment.  I've never vacuumed so much in my life.  Dean and I have become obsessed  with it.  We want visible vacuum lines before we leave the house...which means not walking on the carpet once we've vacuumed.  The other night, I was standing in the kitchen and realized I had left my purse on the couch.  Dean told me to walk along the walls and then jump as far as I could to grab it.  We've officially gone crazy.  And the whole making your bed everyday thing is severely overrated.  That said, I'm going to brag for just a second here--our house looks awesome.  Yep.  We tend to be clutter-y people, but right now, everything looks perfect.  PERFECT.  The way it looks right now, I would buy it again. :)

I hope the next few days bring some good news.  I'm anxious to get it sold, but at the same time, I know when it does, I will be sad.  What a bittersweet moment it will be.  I'm am so so so thrilled and excited for our new house, but the thought of having to leave this one brings tears to my eyes.  Eight years of memories are packed into this house that we have turned into a home.  It's our first home, we got married while we lived here, we got our sweet Kody, and most important of all, we brought our two precious babies home.  We love this house and we're proud of what we've done with it.  I know it doesn't matter once someone buys it, but I can't help but hope that another young family moves in and loves it as much as we have and takes care of it.


New house pics:

The lot
























My closet!!! :)










Ayla posing in her new room :)


Back of the house




2 comments:

Jessica Schroeder Mashhoun said...

Love the house pics, you will love to have these in the future!

Erika said...

I remember that feeling and am laughing my butt off picturing you two and the carpet lines. Love it.

There's walls!!!...is that really your closet? I'm moving in.

e