Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ayla's First Day of Preschool

Ayla started preschool today!  She has been so excited for this day to come...she has asked time and time again, "Is it time for me to go to school yet?"  I will have to remind her of this when she is a teenager and I have to drag her out of bed to get her to school. :)

When we got there to drop her off, she was singing a song that she made up about how it was her first day of school. Her excitement was contagious. :)  We had to wait a few minutes before all the kids could go into the room.  When her teacher came out and said she was ready, she started walking away without hesitation.  I had to wrangle her back in for a hug and a kiss.  I watched her walk in, pick out her name tag and sit down in her seat.  Aubree and I waved one more time and headed out the door.

My mom came over (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!) so she could go pick up Ayla with us.  She ran out with a smile and since then, the only information she's offered up is that she had fun and she played dress-up.  Every question I ask her is answered by "I don't remember."  Hopefully that will change with time and I will learn more about her day.

What a big girl.  I'm so proud of how well she did today...I think she's really going to love it.


Before leaving for school--our first and last "first day of school" pic on this front porch. :(


This was at her Open House last night.




Waiting to go in the classroom.





Excited to go pick up her big sister!  Don't worry, she stayed plenty busy on her own...the living room was covered in toys. 




1 comment:

Leah said...

omigosh...ayla is starting pre-school!!! i can't believe how time flies. Glad she was so excited about it ;)