Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ziploc baggie finger painting

I found this idea on Pinterest--squirt some paint into big Ziploc bags, get the air out, and tape all four sides to a window and let them "finger paint" without the mess.  I wanted something that Aubree could participate in.  Usually Ayla and I work on things while she's napping so it was fun for her to do something, too.  They both loved it, but it lasted less than ten minutes.  Still something cool and different though. 

Note to self--don't use cheap-y bags from the dollar store.  Aubree did just what I was afraid of.  Her little fingers scraped the bag and created a cut so paint got out.  I didn't realize it until Ayla asked why Aubree's bag felt so "drippy."  Right when she said that, I knew it was leaking.  I tried not to react because she would freak out that it was messy.  Before I could say anything, she wiped her hand on her dress not knowing that her hand was covered with teal paint.  When she realized it, she pretty much freeeeaked out.  She held her hand out like it was on fire and just froze with a pained look on her face.  That reaction was doubled when she looked down at her dress and saw paint all over it.  Thank goodness it was Washable Crayola Finger Paint because it all came out with very little effort. :)




Aubree used her cheek to paint. :)






Ayla's work of art.

"Mommy!!  UGHHHGHGH! I'm messy!!!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this idea...we will have to try it!