Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Yesterday, I had a guilt-free "me" day. :)  In the morning, I slept in and then met my friend, Lisa, for a manicure and pedicure...afterwards, we grabbed some lunch and did a little shopping at Village Pointe.  I went on to do some shopping on my own with gift cards I was given for my birthday--TJ Maxx and Target--and then made a quick stop to load up on arts and crafts stuff for the girls.  It was a really good day...it's so nice to have a little bit of alone time to do what I want without having to worry about staying on a schedule.  I feel refreshed.  I was out for about six and a half hours...so not that long but the longest I've been by myself in a loooong time.  As excited as I was to get away, by the time I got home, I couldn't wait to squeeze my babies.  

I wasn't home long before we packed up and headed over to my brother and Surina's house for Mother's Day dinner with my family.  I managed to forget my camera and my mom's gift.  Oops.  I'll have to snag some of my dad's pictures.

Today, we just did things around the house and then to Dean's parents' house for dinner...honestly, it was kind of a rough day.  The girls took turns being crabby...when they're crabby, Mommy and Daddy get crabby.  And then I was crabby about being crabby...on Mother's Day.  We were all better once we got out of the house and to Dean's parents' but I think I have unrealistic expectations of what I feel like this day should be--angelic children, hugs, kisses, smiles, and laughter all day long.  Um yeah, not going to happen.  Sitting here right now, I know that at the end of the day, that obviously isn't what this day is about.  It's about realizing how lucky I am to have two beautiful, healthy girls.  They are my life.  They are the reason I get to celebrate this day.  

Happy Mother's Day to all of the amazing moms out there...especially to my moms...I hope that someday, my children love, respect, and look up to me as much as I do, them.

Kisses from Aunt Marla



Showing Grandma the card she made.


Helping me open my present.

An awesome canvas of a photo I took of Ayla...I looove it.



I wanted a nice picture of me with my girls and this is what I got--two squirmy, whiny kids. 





After a while, Ayla had a change of heart and decided she wanted to take a few pictures with me...

...but only if I did some funny faces with her...

...I'm shocked at what my face can do...

scary.




Ayla insisted that Grandma join in on the fun. :)


And this is the story of Aubree and the juice box.  First of all, she doesn't even like juice, but for some reason, she decided to steal Ayla's and nail the thing in about 30 seconds.  This is her walking to me, waving the nearly empty box...I think she wanted me to "fix" it.

We got a few more sips out of it, but this is when she realized it was all gone...

...and this is how she reacted.

DRAMA.

QUEEN.

So while she freaked out, I took pictures.  She'll think it's funny some day. :)

No comments: