Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter

I'm a little behind on posting pictures from Easter...seems to be the theme of my life lately.  I feel like I'm constantly trying to catch up! 

Anyway.

It was a great Easter weekend.  The day before, we dyed eggs.  Ayla worked really hard on them...it was so cute to see her concentrating the way she was. :)  Aubree had no idea what was happening and kept putting things in her mouth that shouldn't have been in her mouth. 




"What is this thing?"

"No idea, but I think I'm going to try and eat it."


"Can I eat these things?"






Showing off the finished product.


On Easter morning, we let the girls check out their Easter baskets and then sent Ayla off on a little egg hunt throughout the house.  She really got a kick out of it this year.  I imagine Aubree will love it next year...she just kind of wandered around and kept rummaging through her bucket while Ayla was running all over the place.








Hugging her new bunny.


Hunting for eggs.  I don't know how she manages to see through all that hair in her face...it would drive me NUTS.




Love seeing her walking around in her sleep sack. :)

Mini-battle--Ayla was counting the eggs to make sure she found all of them.  Meanwhile, Miss  Aubree was taking them out of the bucket and messing with them. :)



After Aubree's nap, we headed over to Ping and Surina's for brunch.  My brother made food for 16 people!  He's awesome.  :)  After we hung out there for a couple of hours, we went over to Dean's parents' house for the afternoon and then dinner.  We were in such a hurry when we were leaving our house that morning  that I somehow managed to forget my camera. :(  I don't have a single picture of the girls in their Easter dresses or the rest of the great day we spent with our families.  I'm bummed, but to be honest, it was kind of nice to not have that heavy camera hanging from my neck for once and running around trying to get pictures of everything.  I actually was able to sit back and enjoy the day. :)

1 comment:

Erika said...

I was going to tease you that maybe if you took her sleep sack off she could find some eggs!:) Too funny! Ayla is looking so grown up!